PSW Training Program
Want to become a certified Personal Support Worker?
We’ll pay for 74% of your full time studies!
“I used to have odd jobs. Now I have a career.”
Amy-Marie, graduate of the Acclaim Health PSW Training Program.
You’ll become a certified Personal Support Worker through this 5 month, full time program.
The program consists of:
- 13 weeks of in class training (Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm at the Hamilton Institute for Health Personnel in Hamilton)
- 5 weeks of clinical placement in a long term care facility (Monday to Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm shift or 3:00pm – 11:00pm shift)
- 3 weeks of clinical placement with Acclaim Health providing care in people’s homes (Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day)
Plus, we’ll make sure there’s a job waiting for you at Acclaim Health once you graduate!
Paying for the Program
We’ll pay for almost all of the program!
The total cost of the program is $4,350, which includes:
Acclaim Health will pay $3,199 (74%) of your program.
To make it easier for you to pay the remaining $1,151 (26%), all we require is a $285 deposit. Once you’re working with Acclaim Health after graduation, we’ll deduct $48 a paycheque for 9 months ($866).
It’s the easiest way to start your career in healthcare!
Upcoming Training Program Sessions
December 11, 2017 – May 4, 2018
March 12, 2018 – August 3, 2018
June 11, 2018 – November 2, 2018
September 10, 2018 – February 1, 2019
December 10, 2018 – May 3, 2019
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
Once selected, you’ll need to provide:
- Medical certificate indicating that you are fit and able to complete the program
- Immunization form indicating that your immunizations are up to date (it is recommended that you are immunized for Hepatitis B)
- Able to provide a Canada-wide Police Clearance of Criminal Record (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) within 30 days of starting the program