PSW Training Program
Want to become a certified Personal Support Worker?
We’ll pay for 74% of your full time studies!
“I used to have odd jobs. Now I have a career.”
Amy-Marie, graduate of the Acclaim Health PSW Training Program.
You’ll become a certified Personal Support Worker through this 5 month, full time program.
The program consists of:
- 13 weeks of in class training (Monday to Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm at the Hamilton Institute for Health Personnel in Hamilton)
- 5 weeks of clinical placement in a long term care facility (Monday to Friday 40 hours/week)
- 3 weeks of clinical placement with Acclaim Health providing care in people’s homes (Monday to Friday 40 hours/week daytime or evening / weekends)
Plus, we’ll make sure there’s a job waiting for you at Acclaim Health once you graduate!
Paying for the Program
We’ll pay for almost all of the program!
The total cost of the program is $4,350, which includes registration, tuition, textbooks, CPR course, uniform and your provincial exam fee.
Acclaim Health will pay $3,199 (or 74%) of the total cost.
All you need to do is pay a $285 deposit. The remaining balance can be paid via payroll deduction after you graduate and start working for Acclaim Health.
It’s the easiest way to start your career in healthcare!
Upcoming Training Program Sessions
December 10, 2018 – May 3, 2019 (daytime)
March 11, 2019 – August 2, 2019 (daytime)
June 10, 2019 – November 1, 2019 (daytime)
September 9, 2019 – February 7, 2020 (daytime)
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
Once selected, you’ll need to provide:
- Medical certificate indicating that you are fit and able to complete the program
- Immunization form indicating that your immunizations are up to date (it is recommended that you are immunized for Hepatitis B)
- Able to provide a Canada-wide Police Clearance of Criminal Record (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) within 30 days of starting the program
How to Apply