Building Better Days Campaign
Imagine a new dementia care centre in Oakville – it’s possible!
Join us as we embark on the $5M Building Better Days capital campaign to purchase, renovate and equip a new dementia care centre.
Have questions? Contact Melissa Cameron, Director of Development and Marketing at 905-827-8800 x2040.
Features of the New Centre
The new, state-of-the-art centre will feature:
- Expanded Adult Day Program (more spaces, more days, more hours!)
- Short stay overnight respite beds
- Enhanced support for families
- Best practices in dementia friendly design
Demand for dementia care has reached crisis levels.
- Our Adult Day Program waiting list is now almost 100 people long, and it’s taking almost a year for people to get the help they need.
- No short stay overnight respite options exist for people with dementia in Halton.
- The need for family support has increased by over 30% in two years.
We hear daily from families who are stretched to the breaking point. Real, transformational change needs to happen now.
Stories from the Frontlines
Watch as families talk about the need for dementia care and learn about how dementia care has changed.
Sign up here to receive email updates on the status of the dementia care centre project: