Adult Day Program
Amazing things can happen when a person with dementia discovers a place where their abilities are supported, their accomplishments are celebrated, and their life experience is valued.
Our warm and friendly day programs are designed to provide:
- Social, cognitive, physical and creative activities that build on existing skills and past interests
- Recreation therapies, including: horticulture, music and pet therapy
- Special events, such as entertainment and theme days
- Structured exercise routines and sports games
- Qualified staff trained in dementia specific care
- Assistance with eating, walking, toileting and medications
- Nutritious meals and snacks (including special diet accommodations)
- Opportunity for involvement in applied social research through the Sheridan Elder Research Centre (SERC)
- A much-needed break for caregivers
- Foot care services available for an additional fee
There is a nominal fee per client, per registered day.
The Cost of Caregiving: Irene and Keith’s Story
“I was able to keep Keith at home far longer than I would have otherwise.”
Doug and Gwen’s Story
“She’s always happy when she comes out of the program, and it gives me two days a week to myself so that I can catch up on things.”
2180 Itabashi Way
Program Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
Sheridan College, K-Wing
1430 Trafalgar Rd.
Program Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Plus open all Saturdays 8:30am-5:00pm and Tuesday evenings to 8:30pm
Adult Day Program locations will be closing at 2:45pm on Friday, September 21st for a staff development event.
Adult Day Program locations will be closing at 3:00pm on Wednesday, October 25th for a staff development event.
To find out more, contact Alzheimer Services at 905-847-9559 or 1-800-387-7127.
Supported in part by: