Can’t attend these courses and workshops? Sign up to receive registration information for upcoming sessions.
Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Core Program
This introductory level course is designed for participants from all backgrounds.
The Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Core Program is interactive, case-based and consists of three in-person learning sessions (3 hours each), reflective activity, peer to peer exchanges, reading requirements, and completion of eleven E-learning modules. Participants must have access to an internet enabled computer.
Attendance at all in-person learning sessions is mandatory.
Registration deadline is April 3, 2017
Wellspring Chinguacousy – 5 Inspiration Way, Brampton
Tuesdays, 6:00pm-9:00pm on April 11 | May 2 | May 23
Silverthorn Care Community – 4350 Mississauga Rd., Mississauga
Thursdays, 6:00pm-9:00pm on April 13 | May 4 | May 25
Avalon Care Centre – 355 Broadway Ave., Orangeville
Wednesdays, 6:00pm-9:00pm on April 19 | May 10 | May 31
Mississauga Valley Recreation Centre, Program Room 3 – 1275 Mississauga Valley, Mississauga
Tuesdays, 9:00am-12:00pm on April 18 | May 9 |May 30
Allendale LTC – 189 Ontario St., Milton
Thursdays, 6:00pm-9:00pm on April 20 | May 11 |June 1
Can’t attend this spring? Sign up to receive registration information for future sessions.
Do Your Advance Care Planning Materials Comply with Ontario Law? You May Be Surprised!
Please come join us in the ‘Law & Order’ Special Health Care Consent and Advance Care Planning Court for a highly interactive case based education session. Registrants are welcome from all disciplines, in all care settings.
Wednesday March 22nd, 2017
MH LHIN Regional Learning Centre
2030 Bristol Circle, Suite 205
Oakville, ON L6H 0H2
This workshop aims to:
- Promote an understanding of Health Care Consent (HCC) and “Advance Care Planning” (ACP) in Ontario
- Review Health Care Provider role in HCC and Promoting ACP
- Provide an opportunity to network and share Ontario specific resources
This is a popular event, so please let us know if you cannot attend so that some one else can.
Advanced Comprehensive Education (ACE) For Support Workers
Building on the Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Course, ACE focuses on the support worker’s scope of practice.
The Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Course is a pre-requisite. Please bring your textbook with you.
Registration deadline is April 26 , 2017
Register for Villa Forum – 175 Forum Dr., Mississauga
Thursdays, 6:00pm-9:00pm on May 11 | May 18 | May 25
Comprehensive Advanced Palliative Care Education (CAPCE)
Combining the “art” and “science” of Hospice Palliative Care (HPC) for nurses (RNs/RPNs/NPs), this course embeds best practice standards and aligns with the Model to Guide Hospice Palliative Care.
CAPCE focuses on the development and role of the nurse as a Hospice Palliative Care resource for the inter-professional team in long-term care homes, agencies, hospitals and communities.
Registration is now closed.
Components of CAPCE include:
- Self-directed reading and reflection
- 6 e-learning modules
- 4 in-person, case-based learning sessions (4 hours in length)
- 4 peer-to-peer exchanges (learning debrief)
- 2 practical application assignments
- 6 individual or small group coaching sessions with local Palliative Care Consultant
- This course will take approximately 5 months to complete
- Will require 3-4 hours of study time per week
CAPCE Selection Criteria:
- Enhanced Fundaments session (to be completed after acceptance to CAPCE)
- Completion of the Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Core Program
- Minimum of 1 year experience (or equivalent) caring for people with progressive, life-limiting illnesses
- Access to an internet-enabled computer
- Knowledge of basic computer programs
- Applications will be screened and successful candidates will be contacted by email to complete the registration process
- Must attend all sessions in your chosen location
Contact the Palliative Care Consultant in your area, or call 905-827-8111 or toll free 1-800-426-9666.
You can also check out our resources on a variety of hospice palliative care topics.