Experience the joy of making a difference in someone’s life!
At Acclaim Health we have a volunteer team of over 600 people strong from diverse ages and backgrounds, from post-secondary students to retired seniors.
We have a variety of volunteer positions available to allow you to make a difference, with the flexibility to fit your schedule.
How we support you:
- Volunteer recognition
- Orientation and training to ensure you feel prepared and comfortable for your role
- Ongoing support by staff who will ensure you are matched with the right client for you
- Educational opportunities which include guest speakers and a social time to meet other volunteers
Volunteering with us doesn’t take a lot of time, but you will do a lot of good.
Margit Bennett (left) receives her award for 25 years of volunteering at Acclaim Health after receiving a heartfelt standing ovation from her peers.
We love that our volunteers like to stick around.
Becoming an Acclaim Health Volunteer
1. Apply Now
2. We’ll contact you to go over your application and setup an interview.
3. Two personal references and a police record check are required.
4. You’ll receive cost-free training, and ongoing support from us.
5. We will match you with a client based on your shared mutual interests, abilities, comfort level and geographic area.
You must be 18 years or older to volunteer. We ask that volunteers commit to serving at least 1 year to ensure the best possible experience for everyone.
Paul and Milt’s Story
“As a volunteer the rewards are much greater than what you put in.” – Milt MacLean
For more information on volunteering, email Volunteering or call 905-827-8800, toll free 1-800-387-7127.